Business Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Executing a good business strategy takes work — luckily, a CD doesn't. Stow excess funds away to earn a fixed rate.
- Guaranteed source of savings; fixed interest rates for specific lengths of time
- Fixed rates, higher than regular savings
- Rates increase with the length of the term
- Interest payment options available
- A wide range of terms available to accommodate specific saving needs
- Early withdrawal subject to penalty
- FDIC insured up to $250,000
- $2,500 minimum deposit to open most terms
- $10,000 minimum deposit to open Flex 90-Day Terms
Enjoy full FDIC insurance on deposits over $250,000 with the convenience of CDARS, a great solution for individuals or businesses. At State Bank Financial, we belong to a special network of banks, allowing our customers to diversity their funds and enjoy several other benefits. We handle the management of your CDs on our end. So you can gain better rates and peace of mind without a lot of work on your part.
- Earn competitive rates, higher than regular savings, which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives
- Greater security; multi-million dollar FDIC insurance coverage
- Convenience; everything is managed internally by State Bank Financial:
- One interest rate
- One monthly statement
- One year-end tax form
- Flexible maturity periods available
- Helps support lending opportunities within your local community
With CDARS, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through State Bank Financial. There are few guarantees in life — FDIC insurance is one of them. CDARS can be a valuable cash management or longer-term investment tool for you.*
It's one stop shopping. You can manage all of your CD investments through a single banking relationship with State Bank Financial! Earn income, preserve capital, access FDIC insurance on your total deposit and benefit from the security that comes with a consistent banking relationship by people you already know and trust.
How does CDARS work?
We are a member of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into CDs issued by other banks in the same network — in increments of less than $250,000 — so that both principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. As a result, you can receive coverage from many banks while working with just one.
These exchanges, which occur on a dollar-for-dollar basis, can bring the full amount of your original deposit back to our bank. As a result, we can make the full amount of your deposit available for community lending purposes.**
What else should I know?
Now, you no longer have to spend time managing multiple bank relationships, administering various interest rates, organizing interest disbursements from various sources, or manually consolidating monthly statements. This reduces your administrative burden, especially during tax and financial reporting seasons.
And with CDARS, you can eliminate the need to monitor changing collateral values — another time saving convenience.
Of course, your confidential account information remains protected.
Are CDARS right for you?
CDARS can provide a great solution for:
- Nonprofit organizations
- Public funds managers
- Financial advisors
Ask us about how CDARS can work for you the next time you visit one of our branches, or email [email protected] for more information.
*Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into the CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with State Bank Financial. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us.
**This benefit applies to some, but not all types of CDARS transactions. Let us know if this benefit is important to you, so that we can explain the relevant terms and conditions in more detail.
CDARS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.