Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Your future is fast approaching — prepare for it with an interest-bearing IRA.
- Tax-advantaged retirement savings*
- Competitive interest above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRA options
- No setup fees
- No monthly or annual maintenance fees
- $6,000 contribution limit per year
- Additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution allowed for ages 50 or older
- Funds can be used to purchase CDs within IRA
- $25 minimum deposit to open
There are advantages to both Traditional and Roth IRAs. The biggest difference is a Traditional IRA provides potential tax relief today, while a Roth IRA has the potential for the most tax benefit at the time of retirement.
- No income limits to open
- No minimum contribution requirement
- Contributions are tax deductible on state and federal income tax*
- Earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal (when usually in lower tax bracket)
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59 ½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals at age 70 ½
- Income limits to be eligible to open Roth IRA*
- Contributions are NOT tax deductible
- Earnings are 100% tax free at withdrawal**
- Principal contributions can be withdrawn without penalty**
- Withdrawals on interest can begin at age 59 ½
- Early withdrawals on interest subject to penalty***
- No mandatory distribution age
- No age limit on making contributions as long as you have earned income
*Consult a tax advisor.
**Subject to some minimal conditions. Consult a tax advisor.
***Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.